Hardfloor will survive. A two-decade back catalogue that covers tech-trance belters, unlikely crossover hits and a wealth of acid experiments hasn't diminished Hardfloor's thirst for banging the box. They continue to play live with at least three TB-303s, tweaking them with as much relish as any time over the past two decades.
And - as you can hear from Oliver Bondzio in this music-and-words recording - their twin reference points remain the same: the jacking end of the Chicago sound (cf their remix of a Mike Dunn remix, the no-frills banger 'Heavy On Wire' or their unreleased version of the first US house record to reach No1 in the UK charts, Steve 'Silk' Hurley's 'Jack Your Body') and purist electro (one of the two remixes from ERP aka Convextion and an old favourite from Appolon.)
- Hardfloor 'Heavy On Wire' [Ki/oon]
- Andrea Lugano 'Sound Of Lugano' (ft Mike Dunn) (Hardfloor remix) [AF]
- Steve 'Silk' Hurley 'Jack Your Body' (Hardfloor remix) [Unreleased]
- Hardfloor 'The Life We Choose' (ERP remix) [Hardfloor]
- Pollon 'Lonely Planet' [Scopex]